From the 25th May 2018 all organisations who collect and use personal data (customers or employees) need to ensure they are compliant with new legislation. The General Data Protection Regulation (and Data Protection Act 2018) now impose significant fines for any Organisation who fails to use and protect personal data properly.
Most Organisations think data protection is about IT, it simply isn’t. The biggest protection risk is often poor practice and people ‘mishaps’ and so ensuring your Organisation understands the new regulation is paramount to success.
- Do you know what personal data you have, store and use?
- Do you know who you share personal data with?
- Are your employees adequately trained?
- Do you have policies, processes and procedures in place to deal with enquiries from customers and any data breaches?
- Do you have supplier agreements in place to protect your customer data?
- As a Controller, are you registered with the ICO?
- Can you demonstrate you are compliant with the new regulation?
As experienced data protection practitioners, DPOs and members of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, we have a background in helping businesses and education bodies understand and become compliant with the new regulations.
Our aim is to help ensure Directors, members of School SLT’s and/or Governors understand the new regulation and how to apply it within their organisation to meet their risk appetites.
With prices starting at £250 (plus vat) for a bespoke ‘GDPR Health check’, our services include:
- Initial consultation
- Risk Register, action planning and implementation
- Health checks and formal audits
- On site reviews and Executive reporting
- Governance, Policy and Process design and delivery. Includes writing:
- Data Mapping
- Privacy Notice (Customer and Employee)
- Privacy and protection policies
- Documented procedures including dealing with Subject Access Requests and Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Best practice guides
- Staff training including:
- Face to face training
- Leadership workshops
- Refresher training
- Data breach management
- Implementing effective processes
- Helping you deal with reportable breaches
- Outsourced DPO services tailored to meet your needs:
- ‘Pay per Play’
Call or contact us for a free, no obligation chat.