Information Security North East – when was the last time you thought about the information you collect?
Information Security Services
Information Security refers to the processes and measures which are designed to protect any form of confidential, private and sensitive information or data from unauthorised access, use, misuse, disclosure, destruction, modification, or disruption.
The fundamental principles of information security are confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Every element of an information security program should be designed to achieve one or more of these principles.
- Confidentiality. Ensuring information is protected against unauthorised disclosure but remains available to staff with a need to know
- Integrity. Ensuring information and software is kept accurate and complete so that it can be relied upon when required and protected against unauthorised modification
- Availability. Ensuring systems and networks function as required so data is available when needed and protected from unauthorised destruction. A loss of Availability does not result in an absolute impact in the same way as Confidentiality or Integrity; the impact of a loss of Availability will vary in severity depending on the system or network outage period.
When protecting information, data and ICT systems, the CIA principles support a framework to consistently identify and assess the impacts to the business, should the Confidentiality, Integrity or Availability of an information asset or system be compromised there will be an impact felt by the business or other stakeholders.
Why is Information Security Important?
A primary focus of Information Security is to apply the balanced protection of the principles, while maintaining a focus on efficient policy implementation, without hampering organisation productivity. Threats and vulnerabilities must be evaluated and analysed by establishing and implementing control measures and procedures to minimise risk, and auditing to measure the performance of applied controls.
Information Security Management achieves four important roles within an organisation:
- Protects the organisation’s ability to function;
- Enables the safe operation of applications implemented on the organisation’s IT systems;
- Protects the data the organisation collects and uses;
- Safeguards the technology the organisation uses.
Information Security – Our Services
Alongside Data Protection, we have over 30 years experience in Information Security predominantly in Government. We are accredited ISO practitioners and hold ‘Lead Auditor’ status for ISO27001 so you know you are in safe hands.
With prices starting at £595, Data2Action can conduct a comprehensive review of your current policies, processes and practices and create a bespoke action plan to address any identified gaps and findings following the assessment. Our services include:
Information Security Management Systems ISO27001
- ISO27001 business evaluation
- ISO27001 implementation
- IS027001 pre-certification readiness preparation
- Cloud security evaluation
Information and Records Management
- Information and Records Management Consultancy
- Information and Records Management Archiving Strategy